Having trouble watching this video? Click here if the video isn't loading.

Pets are particularly susceptible to ingesting something toxic to them by virtue of their primarily interacting with the world with their mouth and nose. Common signs of poison can set in within minutes or days, and include drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, stumbling, muscle twitches, depression, hyperactivity, seizures, bleeding, and ulcers. If you suspect your pet has been poisoned, call the ASPCA hotline at 1.888.426.4435. When calling your vet or the hotline, it will be helpful if you know: what they got into, how much did they ingest, how long it's been since exposure, the weight of your pet, and which abnormalities you can observe.